If you are seeking to take your business or organization to the next level, you are likely evaluating the various kinds of software available for the staffing industry. Implementing an industry specific software program will streamline your organization’s efficiency, ultimately reducing business overhead costs. However, it can be a daunting task to sort through the available options. How do you know which option is best for your specific needs and the needs of your entire organization?
1. Know what you Want- Spend time with the applicable players within your organization, gathering information about what specific features and benefits the software solution should contain. While no solution will match 100%, creating a list in which to compare against each option will help you to most closely match your choice with your needs.
2. Research the Staffing Software Company– How long has the company been providing staffing software solutions? What is their servicing track record? What types of companies utilize their software platform; large, small, non-profit? Also, take some time to review customer comments online to see what the recent ‘buzz’ is all about, and whether it is positive or negative about the solution.
3. Evaluate the Technology Offered– Does the platform offer regular updates? If so, how will those updates be received? Is the product and platform using the most recent technology? This is critical as you do not want to implement software that is outdated before you even use it. Also, when the vendor continues to develop on the most recent technology it shows that they are committed to their product.
4. See the Software in Action – There is no better way to evaluate a staffing software platform than to watch a live demonstration of it. Most major players in this space offer the opportunity to request a demo their product(s) prior to purchase. Ensure that the features and benefits are compatible with the list of requirements you have put together.
5. Consider Price– While the old adage, ‘you get what you pay for’, is often true, you don’t have to spend a fortune to find a great staffing software solution. Compare pricing of several different options, being sure to compare ‘apples to apples’, matching up features and benefits of each. Remember though that this is an investment in your people and the future of your staffing company so look for the solution that best fits the needs of your organization.
Ultimately, your staffing software must serve the needs of multiple divisions of your organization; recruiting, billing, accounting, IT, sales and payroll. When you spend the time evaluating your options, you will ensure that you implement the right staffing software for your entire organization.
To ‘see our staffing software in action’ request a demo with one of our staffing software specialists today.