10 Reasons Why You Must Have Collections Management in the Receivable Module in Microsoft Dynamics GP
1) A PROVEN AND EFFECTIVE SOLUTION
The customer-driven features of Collections Management have been in existence for 18+ years including 12 years of licensing under the Microsoft umbrella. Collections Management is also the only Collections software that integrates directly into Microsoft Dynamics® GP; no external website or a third party application needed to use the software, it is available right inside Dynamics GP and is fully integrated.
2) AN EFFECTIVE MEANS OF COMMUNICATIONS
Collections Management offers the ability to send out single emails as well as multiple emails to a range of customers retrieved from a query, with the ability to automatically include customer receivables information as needed. Furthermore, all collections efforts ranging from the collection emails, summarized phone call conversations and other actions performed by the collections team is well organized in one single window: Collections Main. This window allows for easy access of the collections actions that have been performed for a customer and leaves an audit trail of all collection notes.
3) A CENTRAL LOCATION PROVIDING VALUABLE RECEIVABLES DATA
- Easily accessible customer contact information retrieved from Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Easy access and further inquiry into the sales figures, such as unposted sales, unposted cash, unposted orders, customer’s total due amount, credit limit, and aging details.
- Drill down to specific transactions pertaining to an aging bucket.
- The ability to view the aging details based on the functional currency or the originating currency, ideal for organizations conducing businesses with multiple currencies.
- The ability to create, view and edit Microsoft Dynamics GP® notes as well as the Collections Management notes.
- Two great email features allowing collection letters to be sent as well as customer receivables statements.
4) A FORECASTING TOOL FOR YOUR COLLECTION ACTIONS
Using the Collections Task feature of Collections Management, Collectors and Collection Managers are able to efficiently schedule their Collection Tasks. Furthermore, Collectors are able to use this feature to perform their daily Collection activities in an efficient manner.
5) POWERFUL MULTI-USE QUERIES
Collections Management offers two types of queries, the standard query and the advanced query. As a filter, these queries allow organizations to retrieve specific customers based on the selected criteria within the query. In this perspective,
- A standard query can retrieve customers based on the following (amongst others): the customer’s ID, name, class ID, sales territory, assigned collector, balance due, credit limit, the aging details, the invoice’s document date, due date, the type of notes, the contact date and many more options.
- An advanced query can be ran based on the Structured Query Language (SQL) which will retrieve specific customers targeted by the collector(s).
- Finally, the generated result from a query can be accessed through a list, exported to excel, accessed through the Collections Main window, the Query Letters window for mass communicating with the customers, or through the Transfer credit manager window to assign this range of customers to a collector. Last, but not least, the generated result can also be used to assign the range of customers to a collections plan which can be ran in the Collections Plan Processing window.
6) POWERFUL AND EFFICIENTLY DRAFTED COLLECTION LETTERS
Easy to draft in the Collection Letters window, Collection letters can be designed to include specific functions related to the Customer, the invoices, the collectors, and your organization. More importantly they can be used to include a payment link which customers can easily use to make their payments. Furthermore, they can be drafted to include specific invoices as attachments. As a mail merge, when used, they ensure to retrieve the information pertaining specifically to the customer(s) they are used for. For organizations dealing with customers having multiple bill-to addresses, the collections letters can also be drafted to ensure they are sent to the intended bill-to address.
Besides Collections Management ability to pull data from the Microsoft Dynamics GP Sales Module, we understand the potential need to retrieve more data. For example, your business may have special items to track, such as evaluating your customers by industry. Your business may also need to track the means of payments (cash, credit card, check) by customer to better tackle your collections process. For all these needs and many more, Collections Management offers user defined fields to track these metrics. These user defined fields are easy to implement right in Collections Management and do not require any coding.
Furthermore, in terms of your invoice attachments, Collections Management allows you to use your current Adobe PDF Writer® license to generate your PDF invoices, and also allows the use of Word Templates to be automatically generated in PDF without the need to own a PDF Writer license.
Lastly, for companies using a third party application such as 1Staff Back Office to generate PDF invoices, Collections Management is able to retrieve these invoices from the specific invoice folder used by the third party application.
8) MASS EMAILING
Through the Query Letters window, Collections Management allows 50, 100, 500, 1000 or any numbers of customers retrieved from the build query window to be emailed a Collection letter and/or a Statement and/or their invoices. A payment link which can be used in the body of your collection letters will ensure that your company gets paid faster. The finance charges, which can also be automatically generated when emailing your customers through the Query letters window, will serve as an incentive for your customers to make payment on time.
9) THE COLLECTION PLAN
Designed to ease the collections process for your organization, Collection Plans aim to ensure your collections activities are efficiently designed and well planned out. Using a Collection plan, specific actions can be selected to occur at specific times based on your customers’ invoice due dates. Once assigned to your customers, the Collection Plans will ensure to execute the corresponding action (email Collections Letters, schedule phone calls, etc.) related to your customers based on their past due invoices. In this perspective, 100 customers on a collection plan, can have their respective action implemented as the Collection Plans are executed. Easy, smart, and efficient, the Collection plan feature is a great tool to improve and automate your Collections Process.
Collections Management Reports allows for the Collection notes to be retrieved by customer, by collectors and by the type of Collections notes used. Additionally, two SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS) reports provide valuable information pertaining to the customer’s aging details and the Collection notes associated with the customers. Lastly, an important feature which allows your company to track its Collections Process and return on investment (ROI), is the Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) window which tracks your organization DSO on a daily basis allowing you to see the progress made by your company in terms of collecting.
Before you do anything else today, run (don’t walk), to request a Collections Management Demo and see how your organization can take advantage of these great features.