Tracking E-mail in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
E-mail tracking is one of many great features in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. It is very easy to use with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Outlook Client integration. When you track e-mail messages, Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook creates e-mail activity records in Microsoft Dynamics CRM that are linked to the original messages in Microsoft Office Outlook.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 offers four options for tracking e-mail. Let’s look at each option.
1. All e-mail messages
- This option will track all e-mail. The major disadvantage with that is it can eliminate privacy and sometimes there are e-mails that maybe shouldn’t be tracked or that need to stay private.
2. E-mail messages in response to CRM e-mail
- E-mail messages are tracked only if the person has a record in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
3. E-mail messages from CRM Leads, Contacts, and Accounts
- E-mail messages are tracked only if it comes from someone with a Microsoft Dynamics CRM lead, contact, or account record.
4. E-mail messages from Microsoft Dynamics CRM records that are e-mail enabled
- E-mail messages are tracked from all record types, including custom record types, that contain an e-mail address field.
Here is how easy it is to select how you want to track e-mail messages with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.
- In CRM, click File in the upper left of the screen.
- Select Options.
- Select the E-mail tab.
- There is a drop down field labeled Track where you can select your option.
- Click OK.
Let’s look at an example of a staffing company that wants to track e-mail. This particular staffing company uses Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 as their staffing software. They decide that tracking all e-mail might be a little unnecessary. However, they want to track all e-mail messages that come from candidates and customers. By selecting the option, E-mail messages from CRM Leads, Contacts, and Accounts, they are easily able to do so. Their CRM staffing software gets triggered to track an e-mail every time it sees an e-mail address it recognizes from the system. That’s it!
To learn more about staffing software or how CRM can be a great front office solution for your staffing company, contact Professional Advantage or request a staffing software demo and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.