In the past few years, we’ve heard a lot of talk about social media. You hear people say, “I ‘liked’ that on Facebook,” or “I just ‘tweeted’ that.” Social media holds unprecedented potential for companies to get closer to their customers. With over 800 million active Facebook users worldwide, it is no surprise businesses are implementing social media campaigns in search of their customer’s attention. Businesses are working towards developing a virtual experience through social media for their customers in order to deliver value in return for their time and attention. So, it is no surprise to hear that Microsoft has integrated social tools into Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 to improve and nurture customer relationships.
Recently, Microsoft upgraded features in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Q2 Service Update, which allows the software to become a “hub” for managing and tracking business social media interactions. The “What’s New” module has been enhanced to provide quick access and control of insights in a customized activity feeds.
The General Manager of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Product Management Group quoted, “By bringing together new social collaboration capabilities in Microsoft Dynamics CRM with familiar collaboration technologies such as Office, SharePoint and Lync, businesses will be able to expand their relationship with customers and gain even deeper insight and understanding.”
What does this mean for staffing organizations?
The new, upgraded social capabilities will provide staffing organizations with the tools to improve customer relationships, be more productive, and deliver satisfaction via sales, service, and marketing. Here are the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Q2 2012 Service Updates and how they will affect a staffing organization:
- Activity Feeds – Notifications on important relationships and events through a merged view of micro-blog posts and interactions for a customer or candidate.
- Ability to “Like” and “Unlike” posts in Activity Feeds similar to Facebook
- Improved filtering capabilities
- Users can view a timeline wall of all posts that mention them (@me filter).
- Micro-blogging – Status updates and notifications regarding job openings, events, or job seeking information.
- Conversations – Ability to post questions, job openings, status updates, which allow candidates and your recruiters to collaborate and locate information or expertise quickly and efficiently.
- Automated activity updates – Post information directly to the record’s activity feed wall. Recruiters and sales professionals can subscribe to or “follow” specific activity feeds and consume them in a variety of ways.
- Mobile activity feeds – Activity Feeds app for Windows 7 Phone allows users to view their activity feeds while away from the office.
Looking to leverage your Microsoft technology investments?